Re: Translate manual of Amaya to Spanish

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:55:33 +0000
To: Bill Braun <bbraun@hlthsys.com>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi Bill,

> Long-term, should we not think in terms of language modules? As such, the
> entire UI could be in various languages.

I'm not sure what you mean by "modules" in this scope: Amaya user
interface already supports a handful of languages (Spanish being one
one of them, if I recall correctly)... ;-)

What was being proposed was help to translate/maintain the manual. The
documentation, in my understanding (although I have basically little
idea on Amaya's documentation internals) is split into 3 parts:
 * User interface (which currently has a good support in several languages);
 * User manual (which there are only a few translations);
 * Web site (which there are a few more translations but, as far as
know, most translations are severely outdated/incomplete).

Hope this has helped clarify things a bit and increase awareness about
the need of translators for helping out. :-)

Cheers,
 Helder