Re: Encoding and validation

From: Stanimir Stamenkov <s7an10@netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:55:59 +0200
To: www-amaya <www-amaya@w3.org>
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:16:25 -0500, /Bill Braun/:

> When I run it through the w3 validator it passes, but serves up a warning:
>
> Character Encoding mismatch!

How do you serve the document to the validator - using file upload
or by providing an URL?

> The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (utf-8) is
> different from the value in the XML declaration (iso-8859-1). I will
> use the value from the HTTP header (utf-8).
>
> What explains this, and how can the warning be cleared?

I guess you're providing an URL to your document where the server is
sending a 'Content-Type' header including 'charset=utf-8' parameter.
 You should know the encoding specified in the HTTP communication
takes precedence over anything else.

--
Stanimir