W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-amaya@w3.org > April to June 2010

Re: Compilation failure Amaya11.3.1

From: JD <jd1008@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:58:02 -0700
Message-ID: <4C085DAA.5060501@gmail.com>
To: www-amaya@w3.org


On 06/03/2010 05:48 PM, JD wrote:
> ..
> .
> .
> g++  -o ../bin/amaya_bin wxdialog/AuthentDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/CheckedListDlgWX.o wxdialog/CreateTableDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/DocInfoDlgWX.o wxdialog/FontDlgWX.o wxdialog/HRefDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/ImageDlgWX.o wxdialog/InitConfirmDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/ListBoxBook.o wxdialog/ListDlgWX.o wxdialog/ListEditDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/ListNSDlgWX.o wxdialog/MakeIdDlgWX.o wxdialog/MetaDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/ObjectDlgWX.o wxdialog/OpenDocDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/PreferenceDlgWX.o wxdialog/PrintDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/SaveAsDlgWX.o wxdialog/SearchDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/SelectOperatorDlgWX.o wxdialog/SelectFenceAttributesDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/SelectIntegralDlgWX.o wxdialog/SpellCheckDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/SendByMailDlgWX.o wxdialog/StyleDlgWX.o 
> wxdialog/StyleListToolPanel.o wxdialog/TitleDlgWX.o wxdialogapi.o 
> EDITORAPP.o HTMLAPP.o TextFileAPP.o XLinkAPP.o XMLAPP.o AHTURLTools.o 
> EDITORactions.o EDITimage.o EDITstyle.o HTMLactions.o HTMLbook.o 
> HTMLedit.o HTMLform.o HTMLhistory.o HTMLimage.o HTMLpresentation.o 
> HTMLsave.o HTMLtable.o html2thot.o init.o insertelem.o MENUconf.o 
> XLinkbuilder.o XLinkedit.o templates.o trans.o transparse.o UIcss.o 
> Xml2thot.o Xmlbuilder.o XHTMLbuilder.o XPointer.o XPointerparse.o  
> AHTBridge.o AHTFWrite.o answer.o query.o AHTMemConv.o AHTInit.o anim.o 
> animbuilder.o SVGAPP.o SVGbuilder.o SVGedit.o TimelineAPP.o 
> MathMLAPP.o MathMLbuilder.o Mathedit.o Mathedit_parser.o   
> ../libwww/Library/src/HTHome.o  TemplateAPP.o Templatebuilder.o 
> templateDeclarations.o templateInstantiate.o templateLoad.o 
> templateUtils.o libCSS.a ../annotlib/libAnnot.a ../davlib/davlib.a    
> -L../thotlib -L.. -lThotEditor      -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL 
> -lGLU  -lfreetype  
> -L/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/Library/src/.libs 
> -lwwwxml -lwwwzip -lwwwinit -lwwwapp -lwwwhtml -lwwwtelnet -lwwwnews 
> -lwwwhttp -lwwwmime -lwwwgopher -lwwwftp -lwwwfile -lwwwdir -lwwwcache 
> -lwwwstream -lwwwmux -lwwwtrans -lwwwcore -lwwwutils -lwwwdav   
> -L/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/Library/src/SSL/.libs 
> -lwwwssl  
> -L/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/modules/md5/.libs 
> -lmd5   
> -L/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/modules/expat/.libs 
> -lexpat   -L/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto ../raptor/.libs/libraptor.a 
> -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 
> -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseu_net-2.8 
> -lwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/Library/src/.libs/libwwwcore.a(HTWWWStr.o): 
> In function `HTMessageIdStr':
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/../../libwww/Library/src/HTWWWStr.c:360: 
> warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/libwww/Library/src/.libs/libwwwcore.a(HTInet.o): 
> In function `HTGetTmpFileName':
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/../../libwww/Library/src/HTInet.c:621: 
> warning: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
> /usr/bin/ld: ../thotlib/libThotEditor.a(fileaccess.o): undefined 
> reference to symbol 'gzdopen'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'gzdopen' is defined in DSO /lib/libz.so.1 so try 
> adding it to the linker command line
> /lib/libz.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [../bin/amaya_bin] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory 
> `/sdb3/src/redhat/BUILD/nonrpm/web/amaya/Amaya11.3.1/Amaya/wx/amaya'
> make: *** [amaya_prog] Error 2
>
> On my machine:
> $ ls -l /lib/libz*
> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root    13 Nov 24  2009 /lib/libz.so.1 -> 
> libz.so.1.2.3*
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root root 76368 Jul 29  2009 /lib/libz.so.1.2.3*
>
>
> The configur options were:
> ../configure --prefix=/usr --enable-system-wx --enable-system-libwww 
> --enable-system-raptor --with-gl --with-mesa --with-dav
>

Well, I had to edit the Makefiles and add to them things like
-L /lib -lz -L/usr/lib -lpng12 -ljpeg

In particular, I had to edit  in the wx build dir
amaya/Makefile thotlib/Makefile and add  -L /lib -lz -L/usr/lib -lpng12 
-ljpeg
to the lines:

# amaya application
.../bin/amaya_bin : $(AMAYA_OBJ) $(AMAYA_OPTION_OBJ) $(AMAYA_LIBS)
         @(if test ! -d ../bin ; then $(MKDIR) ../bin ; fi)
         $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) -o ../bin/amaya_bin $(AMAYA_OBJ) 
$(AMAYA_OPTION_OBJ) libCSS.a $(LIBS)  -L/lib -lz -L/usr/lib -lpng12 -ljpeg

and

.../bin/print : $(THOTK_OBJ) $(DISPLAY_OBJ) $(PRINT_OBJ) \
         ../amaya/libCSS.a
         $(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(THOTK_OBJ) $(DISPLAY_OBJ) 
$(PRINT_OBJ) ../amaya/libCSS.a $(LIBS) -L/lib -lz -L/usr/lib -lpng12 -ljpeg

respectively.

I did not bother to insert them into the Makefile.in in the source dir 
and restart the configure process.

Also, there is abug with configure.
I did not configure with --disable-svg , which should mean that
it is enabled by default. IT IS NOT!!
I had to configure with  --enable-svg  in order
for the loader to find and link with the svg modules.
Received on Friday, 4 June 2010 07:05:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:53:42 UTC