Re: Printing on Mac OS X.

Pascal,
I tried printing (to Postscript) the Amaya splash page which comes up
when the program opens and my own home page which is pretty basic xhtml
(both the online version at lucindadewitt.com and the file from my hard
drive).  None of the .ps files even approximated what the pages should
look like.

I was able to print the source code (this IS an improvement), but there
doesn't seem to be any way to have the file contain the Amaya line
numbers (which would be helpful) so it remains easier to just print code
from TextEdit.

And there's still the problem of not being able to specify a different
location . . . were you able to do that?

Of course, I don't have a postscript printer, so I have to view these
files in other software (I used Preview and AcrobatPro, which convert
the .ps to .pdf, (Acrobat Reader wouldn't open the .ps files),
MacGhostView which supposedly displays the .ps file directly), and an
online psviewer.  I also opened them in Photoshop.  None of these views
was even close to the screen view of the pages . . .
Perhaps other people are using other ways of displaying the .ps files
that seem more successful?

Given the above, I'm not seeing any big step forward here. Especially
compared to how printing works in every other program I use (free or
otherwise).

Lucinda

--
Lucinda DeWitt