Re: Line beginning with space after comment

From: Helder Magalhães <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:25:37 +0000
To: Dominique Meeùs <dominique@d-meeus.be>
Cc: Amaya list <www-amaya@w3.org>
Hi Dominique,

> For the following code (inside a <p>)
>>
>> j’ai une série de réserves. Je le trouve schématique, parfois simpliste
>> <!--  et parfois tout à fait erroné --> sur certains points. (Le livre
>
> Amaya renders an undue space to begin the second line.

I'm not sure what you mean (the problem/symptoms are not very clear
IMHO). By guessing, though, I'd say you are using "xml:space" set to
"preserve", which would in fact place a space in the second line. This
is the expected behavior AFAIK [1]. Note that the default behavior
(without "preserve") would cause the paragraph not to break, therefore
typically being displayed in a single line.

I've quickly picked up from your sample and created a comparison
(with/without the property): I'm attaching a screenshot of the result
using "amaya 11.3 (Sep 9 2009)".

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-white-space

Amaya-SpacePreserveSample.png
(image/png attachment: Amaya-SpacePreserveSample.png)