Re: How to create nested lists in Amaya?

Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 11:03 +0200, Corne Beerse a écrit :
> Irene Vatton wrote:
> > Le vendredi 21 août 2009 à 14:09 +0100, Helder Magalhães a écrit :
> >
> >> Hi Corné,

> >> I guess you meant:
> >>
> >> <ul>
> >>   <li>here comes a sublist
> >>     <ul>
> >>       <li>This is a sublisted item</li>
> >>       <li>Next sublist</li>
> >>     </ul>
> >>   </li>
> >>   <li>next item on major list</li>
> >> </ul>
> >>
> >> (Note that, in order to create a sub-list, it should be placed within
> >> the desired list element to be considered a child of that element.)
> >>

> > That's true.
> >
> Sounds reasonable, I normally let Amaya (or frontpage) guide me on this.
> >>>
> >> Yes, I've just checked with version 11.2 and the behavior is somehow
> >> buggy. I'm attaching a screen shot which both shows it's possible to
> >> insert a sub-list and also showing a couple of issues (one is not
> >> visible, it's behavioral).
> >>
> > I suspect you expected to create a sub-list within the the "3" list
> > item?
> > In the snapshot, the sub-list (OOPS) is inserted into a empty list item.
> > That is a valid HTML structure but I agree it is probably not desirable.

In next release Amaya won't generate a sub-list inside an empty list
item. It will replace the empty list item by a sub-list at the end of
the previous list item.

> >> A. Inserting a sub-list:
> >> 1. Create the list's parent element ("2" in the example), leaving the
> >> cursor after the text;
> >> 2. Go to "Insert" menu, option "List" and select the desired list type.
> >>

> >> B. Returning to the parent element after creating a sub-list (in the
> >> example, "3" after creating "2.2"):
> >> 1. Press "Enter" key three times
> >> 1.1. first creates a sibling element (which would be "2.3");
> >> 1.2. second (unexpectedly) drops the list;
> >>
> This is not unexpected to me, it happens with roughly all list kind
> elements: insert an other item (<p> by default) at the insert level of
> the list item. I use it once in a while.

The behaviour depends on the editing mode (Text or XML). See the button
at the right bottom to switch the current mode.

> >> 1.3. third one to gets the cursor into the parent level ("3").
> >>
> >> In my opinion, the second "Enter" feels like broken behavior, although
> >> it makes sense: Amaya places a paragraph ("<p></p>") and other kind of
> >> content would be allowed (within the current list item's indenting
> >> level). Nevertheless, I'd vote for Amaya supporting the usual "Tab"
> >> and "Shift+Tab" key sequences, when the cursor is placed after the
> >> bullet but before content, to control indenting level: this is the
> >> interaction paradigm used in most WYSIWYG editors (Microsoft Word and
> >> PowerPoint, for example). :-)
> >>

> > Today "Tab" and "Shift+Tab" key sequences are used to skip to the next
> > or previous link. We'll check if it's possible to implement this kind of
> > control within a list.

In next release "Tab" and "Shift+Tab" key sequences will control the
indenting level of list items.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA