Re: Problems with typing divs

Hello Steven,

Steven Pemberton a écrit :
> I typically write documents with lots of divs, one after the next. My
> stylesheet puts a border round each div, so I can see them as I type.
>
> I used to like the old interface that Amaya had:
>
>     ^H^V    to create a div
>     Type type type
>     [return]    creates a new empty paragraph within the div
>     [return]    deletes the empty paragraph, and leaves the div
>
> Then I could type ^H^V again, and carry on.
> This is how <ul>s (still) work.
>
> Then the interface got changed, alas, and hitting return multiple
> times just gave you empty paragraphs in the div. Instead, you had to:
>
>     ^H^V    create the div
>     Type type type
>     F2    widen to the whole div
>     [return]    A new empty div was created after the current div.
>
> Above all this made it hard to insert stuff between divs, and I had to
> resort to source view a lot.
>
> But now even this seems to have changed: if I F2 to the whole div and
> hit return, all that happens is the content of the div gets deleted.
> Now I have to resort to source view *all the time* for each div.

There is a text area at the bottom right of the window to switch the
editing mode (Text / XML).
If you select the whole div and hit return in XML mode, it should create
a new div after (whereas it deletes the div in Text mode).
Can you tell us the editing mode currently set for you ?

Thanks,
Laurent