Re: "Too many Redirects".

Hugh Sasse wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Laurent Carcone wrote:
>

>> Hello Hugh,
>>
>> Amaya is based on the libwww for HTTP requests and there is indeed a maximum
>> of redirection allowed in the library (I guess to avoid infinite loop). By
>> default this maximum is set to 5 and Amaya set it to 7 at the initialization
>> (so more than the spec suggests).
>> I haven't see any difference between HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 concerning this
>> aspect in the library.
>>

> The part of the spec that I quoted suggests to me that there should be.
> Who maintains the library?  I seem to recall that the linemode browser
> which was part of the library is no longer maintained.

Indeed, the libwww is no longer maintained

>> So , there is no way in the current version to dynamically change this
>> maximum.
>>

> What about future versions of Amaya?  == Are you giving this the status
> of WONTFIX?

I guess we won't change the maximum of redirects defined in Amaya
initialization.
Can you give us a uri so that we can test the number of redirections
needed in this case ?

>> I guess it's the first report on this problem, the mail you pointed out
>> concerns a redirection problem for the PUT method and I think it has been
>> fixed.
>>

> Would redirect code be so different for put and post that it would not be
> shared?  What causes you to think it has been fixed -- can you look it up,
> or is this from memory?

The problem was in Amaya code (when Amaya treats the result of the
request), not in the libwww, and it has been fixed.

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone