Re: Text displayed within Amaya compared to text displayed within other browsers.

On 14/02/2009, at 12:43 AM, David Lockett wrote:

> Text in Amaya displays differently than it displays within regular
> browsers even when the text is correctly formatted, this can be true
> even with pages that are created within Amaya.
>
> The text often displays smaller and bolder in Amaya than it displays
> within the major browsers, ....

There was some discussion on this topic,
check the list archives on and following 2007-12-07

IIRC there was no consensus on the cause or fix for
the problem, but I'll stick to my theory that some
(un-named) browser and/or OS rendering engines
wrongly believe 1 pixel = 1 point.

Peter Kerr