Re: rendering speed makes css2 tests a challenge

On 5/02/2009, at 3:07 AM, Irene Vatton wrote:
> Le lundi 02 février 2009 à 17:08 -0500, ve3ll@cogeco.ca a écrit :
>> Amaya is so slow at rendering
>> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/xhtml1/by-section.xht
>> that the page becomes unusable for testing css2 capabilities within
>> the browser .... is there some other reference we can use
>> or can the rendering speed be improved !!
>>
>> --
>
> There are a lot of elements in that table. Many internal structures
> are
> created and have to be managed for possible future editing. That
> explains why the loading takes time.
> --
> Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
> INRIA

Once the table is loaded, individual tests can be checked in another
tab,
returning to the main table tab is quite quick in Amaya 11 MacOS 10.5

Yet those tests seem designed for masochists.
I found a large number of failures in all browsers I tested.
Fudging a pass on Acid-n test must be a geek badge,
I suspect the problem is that a browser designed to correctly
render CSS2.1 as presented in this large table of tests,
would fail to "correctly" render all the rubbish around the web
which has been written for IE in all its versions.

Peter Kerr
School of Music