Re: Amaya 11.0 WinXP possible bug: Amaya applies height in % to elements

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:31:00 +0000
To: "Peter Kerr" <p.kerr@auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: "Bartolomť Sintes Marco" <bartolomesintes@ono.com>, www-amaya@w3.org

> Another test:
>
> The second <p> is 50%  of the height of the containing <div>
> This is what I would expect, but sorry I do not have
> XP available just now to check IE & FF

I've tried this in Firefox 3.0.4 and Internet Explorer 8beta2 (using
both strict and compatibility modes) and both display the second div
with 150 pixel tall, which makes sense (50% of the container element,
declared 300 pixel tall). Nevertheless, I couldn't find proof (within
the relevant specifications) to support this behavior (though I'm sure
I just didn't crawl enough).

@Peter Kerr
Firefox is also available for Mac, so you may consider installing it
for a third opinion. :-)

By the way: using "Test" for all strings doesn't help much - you may
run into situations, usually caused by bugs or author errors, where
the content is messed up and order is changed. Adding a number after
the strings ("Test1", "Test2", etc.) helps avoiding this. ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalh„es