Feature: invert select/content select

From: Silli, L. H. <hyperlekken@lenk.no>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:07:25 +0100
To: "www-amaya@w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>

Many - if not most - web pages follows the "container element" pattern:
A page will be split in e.g. 3 sections, each with their own container
element. Inside the container elements, one places the actually "stuff".
Further, it is also a  common "pattern"  to create new pages based on an
old page: The old page becomes a template for a new one.

Now, with the F2 command, one can select the parent element. Or, rather,
first one selects the entire element that one is currently working
inside. Press F2 once more, and youselect the parent element.

What would have been awesome was a "invert select" tool, or perhaps
rather  a "select content" tool.

Then, if I selected <div id="container">etc</div> with the F2 selector,
I could thenafter press - for exampe Alt+F2 to select only the content
of the container element. Then I could delete the content very easily
and fill the container with new "stuff".

This would have been a terriffic tool to have when working with
templates, both existing pages used as template as well as "real"
template pages.

What do developers and other users think?
--
leif halvard silli