Re: more info on drop down box needed

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:02:58 +0000
To: ve3ll@cogeco.ca
Cc: Amaya <www-amaya@w3.org>

> there is morethan one sentence in his request.  THey are just not
> closed with the traditional full stop or 'period' in some lingos.
> remember not everyone is a linguist or working to grad level stuff

Partially agreed. Putting effort into explaining things (generally)
does not require a degree. ;-)

> OkI haven't tried it yet, but when I do in my options I would like to link
>  the selection to another page.
> I have looked at some examples but they don't show the "link" code.
> For example, if residential is selected that will link to the residential page,
> and so on with the other options.
> Yes I know I just need to try some things, but I need a place to start.
> Editing the code is the easy part after I get a start.
>
> Same wording but with punctuation changed for others to read.

Thanks for clearing it up. :-)

This seems to be a general Web development question, not directly
related to Amaya (as far as I know, Amaya provides no native
functionality for this). This effect is usually achieved using
Javascript and you may find several examples [1] [2] on how to
accomplish it. You may easily embed scripts within your page using
Amaya's "Source" view.

BTW: I'd invite anyone who may be aware of an approach which doesn't
require scripting (i.e., Javascript enabled) to share within this
thread. :-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalh„es

[1] http://www.codelifter.com/main/javascript/dropdown.shtml