Re: 'mdash' not in Special Characters

Leon Stringer wrote:
>> From: vatton@inrialpes.fr
>> Date: 2008/09/23 Tue PM 12:45:48 GMT
>> To: "Leon Stringer" <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com>
>> CC: www-amaya@w3.org
>> Subject: Re: 'mdash' not in Special Characters
>>

>>> I can't find the &mdash character entity under Special Characters. I'm
>>> sure it used to be there.
>>>
>>> Am I being dim or has this been removed?
>>>

>> In Special characters tool, look at the Misc section at, beginning of 4th
>> line.
>>

> Thanks for your reply but it's not on my screen.
>
> Hopefully you can see the screen grab of the Special characters tool
> attached.
> According to the tooltip, the five blank items in the fourth row are:
> black star, white star, circled S, circled R and circled 1.
>
> This is 10.1pre4 on Windows XP.

The Special Characters panel has been modified since the 10.1pre4
version, in the cvs version, mdash and ndash are on the 4th row of Misc
section.
But what is weird is that the 10.1pre4 version on linux has one more raw
in the Misc section and the mdash is on that last raw (see screenshot).

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone