Re: a small wishlist

Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008 à 22:48 +0000, Greg White a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have been using Amaya 10 for the last 6 months and I think it is a great program.  There are a couple of things I would like to see added:
>
> 1. When making a number list it would be nice if it worked like MS Word.  This is what I mean:
> 1. Heading text
> 2. Heading 2 text
>  2.1 Sub heading 2 stuff
>         2.1.1 stuff
>           2.2 more text
> 3. text

This requires the support of CSS counters.

> 2. an updated parser.  The parser in Amaya shows I have errors, but when I run the file using validator.w3.org it comes back clean.  Here is what the parser says:
> line 441, char 91: Warning - unknown tag <=>
> line 664, char 91: Warning - unknown tag <=>
> line 1234, char 116: Warning - unknown tag
>
> Here is line 441 and 664:
> 0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!"#$%&'()*+,-./:;&<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~
>
> Here is line 1234:
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789\`\~\!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\_\+\=\[\]\;\'\,\.\/\\?\:\"\{\}\|\

I don't guess a html parser doesn't report an error on these lines
except if they are within a cdata.
Please point us to the page.

> 3.  a way to insert the date and time  i.e. Alt-I, Date and September 18, 2008 is put into the document.

There is a command that insert the date. See the Tools menu.

> 4. The ability to use Shift-down to highlight things.  Right now I can't highlight past an end tag.  Oddly I can highlight all I want using shift-up.  This might be a bug.  This happens in the source window

This problem is now fixed in the CVS version and will be available in
the next snapshot.

> 5. Use the mouse to move things like any other windows app.  Highlight the stuff you want to move (left click hold and highlight), release, left click inside the highlighted area and move the text.

That cannot work with our structured approach.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA