Re: Pre-4

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 05:15:57PM +0200, Irene Vatton wrote:

> Maybe the "How to change fonts?" in the Amaya FAQ can help you to select
> bettre fonts. You may also remove the aliasing in Preferences.

The FAQ has an error.  There is also another config file: fonts.gl.win.nt

Looking at both files, the descriptions in them are also wrong.  There are
four faces, the last, bold italic, is missing from each of the descritions.
Also, where is the config for the U.S.?  The FontConfig.html file is also
missing the description of the other config file and bold italic.

So, the Courier font is being used.  No where in the description does it
say where to go in Amaya to tell it that one wants to use bold.

I suppose I could change the normal face so that it uses bold instead of
normal.  But, which of the locations pertains to the U.S.?

This sounds like a gludge.  It would be better if there was a font
configuration option within Amaya and what colors to use for the various
display types.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign