Re: Amaya 10

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:37:25 +0000
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
CC: ve3ll@cogeco.ca, www-amaya@w3.org

Irene Vatton wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2008 08:06, ve3ll@cogeco.ca wrote:
>> Amaya 10  doesn't respect  position:fixed  property in
>>
>>       http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll/cssBar.htm--
>
> We know that, and we don't plan to support that CSS feature because it's too
> hard to implement in an editor context.

Don't WYSIWYG editors support position: fixed?

Not implementing a common CSS feature makes Amaya less useful for both
editing and browsing.

If the CSS cannot be displayed at the same time as facilitating
structured editing, then why not create an additional View with more
conformant rendering? (Compare DreamWeaver's preview mode.)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis