Amaya seems to resolve links strangely

From: Jürg Koch <juergkoch@bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:01:19 +0100
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Hi
I'm playing around with eXist, a free XML database. As a browser I use
normally epiphany and it works very well, also with eXist.
Today I had the idea that I could take advantage of the power of AMAYA
to edit directly. Instead of epiphany I used amaya. It was no success.

Under amaya I can login to the admin screen. But I can't actually browse
the document colection.
Under epiphany I do this easily. The address is
"localhost:8080/exist/rest/db//..."

I copied this address to amaya and it was resolved into
"localhost:8080/exist/rest/db/...". Et voilà! With this trick, I was
able to do what I wanted. But I don't like this trick!

What is the problem here?

Greatings
Jürg