Why are super and sub grayed out?

From: Cay Horstmann <cay@horstmann.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:57:40 -0800
To: www-amaya@w3.org

I just downloaded the Amaya 10 pre-release, but I have a problem with
super and sub. They used to work (as they should) in my XHTML 1.0 Strict
documents, but now the Insert -> Character element -> Subscript (sub)
and Superscript (super) menu items are grayed out.

That is a problem for me. These have some semantic meaning, and I don't
feel that using a CSS style is a reasonable replacement. Using MathML is
also not an option for me. Is there any remedy?

Thanks,

Cay

--

Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay@horstmann.com