Re: amaya for fedora 8?

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 11:26, Regis Boudin wrote:
> > It seems to me that the author of query.c (and
> > related files) got somehow really confused in dealing with
> > C symbols inside of C++ files and the result is mess -- it seems
> > to me that the particular symbols are generated twice inline and
> > the system one in libwwwapp is never used anyway. After all this
> > struggle I have created this brutal patch which made Amaya to
> > compile:
>
> Though I agree that query.c looks messy, I'm not sure the problem is
> related to the C/C++ confusion.
>
> I hadn't noticed that Amaya embedded more copies of files from libwww...
> But they aren't compiled anyway, so I have no idea how your patch fixed
> the issue :/

As I understand the work done by José and the libwww philosophy, libwww
provides default functions and AHTxx files overwrite some of libwww functions
with a more specific code.

> > But I am afraid that means that the internal libwww is used after
> > all, right?

No, you may use the system library, but you need to provide .h files.

> At this point I have no idea. A build log would have the answer ;) But if
> you still had my patches applied and used the --enable-system-libwww,
> probably not. You might have compiled/used an internal copy of one file.

> > I was able to compile Amaya with it -- whoever
> > wanted for the Fedora Amaya, it is on
> > http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/rpms/amaya-9.55.2-1.fc8.i386.rpm
> > but it doesn't work wek well -- the problems with display of the
> > webpages is constant.
>
> There are some issues with display and DRI on some video cards, might be
> that.

Does http://wam.inrialpes.fr/software/amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm works
better?

--