Re: Amaya 9.99 Debian crashes upon file open

From: Irene Vatton <vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:17:20 +0100
To: Tom Cloyd <tc@tomcloyd.com>
Cc: Amaya discussion list <www-amaya@w3.org>

On Saturday 29 December 2007 06:17, Tom Cloyd wrote:
> I haven't posted to this list for a while, but I'm no stranger to Amaya.
> I've just moved to Kubuntu (KDE Ubuntu) Linux, and installed the Amaya
> 9.99 Debian distribution (that's what I got when I clicked the Debian
> link). It launches just fine, but is unable to open any file without
> crashing - fast.

I guess, we fixed that bug in the amaya script.
Could you check that following environment variables are set by the amaya
script?
"env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 G_SLICE="always-malloc""
See /usr/bin/amaya or /usr/share/applications/amaya.desktop

> Is this is a but or did I do something wrong?

It's a known problem with new system libraries.

> Thanks for the help.
>
> Tom C.

Happy new year
--