Amaya 9.99 Debian crashes upon file open

From: Tom Cloyd <tc@tomcloyd.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:17:09 -0800
To: Amaya discussion list <www-amaya@w3.org>

I haven't posted to this list for a while, but I'm no stranger to Amaya.
I've just moved to Kubuntu (KDE Ubuntu) Linux, and installed the Amaya
9.99 Debian distribution (that's what I got when I clicked the Debian
link). It launches just fine, but is unable to open any file without
crashing - fast.

Is this is a but or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Tom C.