Re: Usability nuisances on the Mac

Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2007-12-18 19:01:02 +0100, Laurent Carcone wrote:
>

>>> - When editing a document on the secondary screen, Amaya will
>>>   display any pop-up dialogues on the primary screen.  That's
>>>   extremely annoying, as it moves the interaction away from where
>>>   the user is focusing.
>>>

>> What do you mean by 'secondary screen', the splitted view ?
>>

> I mean using a laptop which has an additional monitor connected.
>
> primary screen = internal monitor
> secondary screen = external monitor

That needs some investigation. Do you know if it is a mac-specific problem ?

>> The problem is that we couldn't define all the keyboard shortcuts
>> used by Amaya using only the mac standard usage (without
>> combinations of letters).  So we defined two types of shortcuts
>> for mac, those using standard modifier keys (Cmd/Shift/Option)
>> and those using sequences (Ctrl-l Ctrl-l). The latter type is not
>> shown by default in the menus.
>>

> Thanks for the hint; that suggests that I'm simply confused between
> the different kinds of shortcuts.
>

>>> Finally, with the new keyboard layout, I'd observe that there
>>> appears to be no easy way to indicate to Amaya that one doesn't
>>> want to append to a link if that link is the last thing in a
>>> paragraph. That, too, is a major usability issue.
>>>

>> You can do that using the command 'Append' from the contextual
>> menu (also available from the Edit menu) when the selection is
>> within the link. Do you want us to define a shortcut for that
>> command (also for Insert) ?
>>

> Yes, please, last week preferred! ;-)

I add two new shortcuts in cvs config file.
The keyboard file is customizable by the user. For mac it should at
/Applications/Amaya.app/Contents/MacOS/Amaya9.99.4/config/amaya.kb-mac
You can add the two following lines in the #Edit section for instance :
Ctrl <Key>k:                       InsertAfter()
Shift Ctrl <Key>K:              InsertBefore()
or define any key combination that is not already used

Thanks,
Laurent