From: www-amaya-request@w3.org [mailto:www-amaya-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Corne Beerse
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:51 AM
To: Kevin Van Wilder
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
Subject: Re: Alternatives to Amaya?

Kevin Van Wilder wrote:
> I'm new to this list. I'm writing a paper about browsers that (through

> webdav or anything else) offer the ability to edit webpages too.
> Are there any other applications such as Amaya that offer this
> functionality?
> Does anyone know other protocols such as WebDAV that can be used for
> such functionality?
For a start, as far as I know, amaya is not a browser with edit
functionalities, it is an editor with browse functionallities. The prime
target is editing, not browsing.

If you want alternatives with both browse and edit functionalities, have
a look at netscape. Since version 2 (yep, in the previous century) it
has a 'gold' version which has this edit functionality.

Netscapes successor Mozilla also has this functionallity: In mozilla
1.7.13 for example: File -> Edit Page opens the editor.

in FireFox, I cannot find the edit functionallity and I donnot know if
SeaMonkey (http://www.seamonkey-project.org/) has it. The features lists
a composer: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/features.

You can forget about the microsoft tools, they are verry happy to call
each other: IE calling FrontPage and reverse. Sometimes they hide this
switch for each other.

Success

CBee