Re: UTF-8 as document default ?!

Leif,

I'm a MacOSX user who had the same problem you describe.  I had to
change the preference (from ascii to UTF-8) hit "Apply" and then exit
the program for the preference to "stick".  It now consistently produces
new documents as UTF-8.

I agree the easiest solution would be to have utf-8 (or ISO-8859-1) be
the default.

I also noticed that there were some old amaya.plist files in my
prefereneces folder.  I deleted them and kept only the newest one named
fr.inria.amaya.plist
Perhaps this will help with some of the preferences issues.

BTW--I use multiple tabs, never multiple windows.  I was told some of
the preferences commands don't "apply" unless you open a New Window
(rather than a new tab).  Not sure if this might help troubleshoot your
situation.

I've also had the problem with Amaya freezing during copy operations
(all of a sudden the copy functions are grey-ed out and I can't do
anything except exit and restart), but have not been able to reproduce
it consistently.

Just wanted to reaffirm that you are not the only Mac user with these
issues.

Lucinda DeWitt

--
Lucinda DeWitt