Re: amaya comilation failure on amd64 architecture

Thanks for making me aware of the snapshot. I have tried to compile it, but ran into several
problems. First compilation stopped with an error because some .a files were not present in
the wxWidgets_RELEASE  folder. That could be fixed by running make in that folder, but maybe one
could write a patch that this extra step by hand is not necessary anymore.
Then compilation stopped again with message below. I checked whether the patch by Regis has been applied,
but it has, so I don't know where this comes from now.

Finally, adding just the two env-variables
  XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
  G_SLICE="always-malloc"

for amaya 9.55 unfortunately doesn't prevent the binary from crashing (it is an amd64 architecture).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark J.P.

/home/mjp/tmp/build/Amaya9.99/wxWidgets/include/wx/image.h:136: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
/home/mjp/tmp/build/Amaya9.99/wxWidgets/include/wx/filesys.h: In member function 'wxFSHandlerHash_wxImplementation_HashTable::Node** wxFSHandlerHash_wxImplementation_HashTable::GetNodePtr(const void* const&) const':
/home/mjp/tmp/build/Amaya9.99/wxWidgets/include/wx/filesys.h:176: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
.../../thotlib/dialogue/AmayaAttributePanel.cpp: In member function 'virtual int AmayaEnumAttributeSubpanel::GetIntValue()':
.../../thotlib/dialogue/AmayaAttributePanel.cpp:910: error: cast from 'void*' to 'int' loses precision
make[2]: *** [dialogue/AmayaAttributePanel.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mjp/tmp/build/Amaya9.99/Amaya/wx/thotlib'
make[1]: *** [../thotlib/libThotEditor.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mjp/tmp/build/Amaya9.99/Amaya/wx/amaya'