Too high a virtual memory size, possible leak

From: Juan Lanus <juan.lanus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:30:10 -0300
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi There,

The attached image from my Windows XP PC at work depicts a virtual
memory size that looks excessive for the pages being edited.
It 's 600MB virtual, and 130MB real.
All pages are simple, one contains several images. The session lasted
for several days, maybe 2 to 4. It's Amaya 9.55.

I recall a similar bug in Firefox, related to images that were cached
in memory but never released, waiting for them to expire in the disk
cache. Just a free association ...

Anyway, 600MB is too much, there must be a memory leak. Sorry I can't
provide more concrete info, only the fact.

One suspect is the fixed background image (36K), set in CSS, because
it makes scrolling much slower, but just a onelo...

@media screen {
     body {
        background-image: url("flechaBG.gif");
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: center;
        background-attachment: fixed;
    }
 }

Saludos! And, as always, thanks for the program.
--
Juan Lanus

agenda20071003_AMAYA_VMSIZE.gif
(image/gif attachment: agenda20071003_AMAYA_VMSIZE.gif)