Re: accented characters

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:48:02 +0100 Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it> wrote:

> well, actually I found out that I must change also the encoding:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
>        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> <head>
>
> otherwise the charset is overwritten...
>
> since you were talking about the charset, I was acting only on that part...

Ah! If the encoding is specified in the XML declaration and in the
meta element, you must change both consistently. If you change only the
meta element, the XML declaration takes precedence and the encoding
remains the same.

Everything is clear now. As always, it's safer to work on the formatted
view and to let Amaya do the job consistently using the Save-as command.

Vincent.

> --
> Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
> ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
> HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it MUSIC: http://www.purplesucker.com
> BLOGS: http://tronprog.blogspot.com  http://longlivemusic.blogspot.com
> http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France