Re: Minor documentation errors (two bug reports)

Hi,

Just replying on one point.

On Tue, February 20, 2007 14:53, John Murdie wrote:
> 2. GTK
> ------
>
> $ ./configure --help
> --with-gtk              use GTK GUI toolkit
>
> It would be better if it said instead "use GTK 1 GUI toolkit", with
> something to indicate that this is deprecated and will build an old
> release. Of course, it would be even better if a native GNOME version of
> Amaya was available, complete with an automatic list of available
> printers etc.

For information, the 8.x and 9.x series were the same thing, with the 8.x
using GTK+ and 9.x using wxWidgets. They shared the same source code, but
used different toolkits. I must admit that it looks like a strange
numbering scheme to me, too.
According to Irene, 8.54 was the last GTK+ release, this toolkit being
dropped (and the configure option will most probably disappear with it, I
hope). So no need to worry about it anyway :)

HTH,

Regis