Re: accented characters

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:49:24 +0100 Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it> wrote:

> Vincent Quint wrote:
> >
> > When saving a document, Amaya encodes it according to the chosen
> > Charset. You can change the Charset when saving a document: use
> > the File/Save_as command. The dialog box offers you a selector for
> > changing the Charset.
>
> actually, this dialog does not offer me a selector for the charset (if
> i'm trying to "save as" and already existing document).

That's probably because you are trying to save the source code.
When saving the source code Amaya saves exactly what you have
written. For that reason, it does not change the encoding.

Click in the formatted view before calling Save-as. You will get more
options, including the Charset selector. And if you choose a different
encoding there, the document will be saved in the new encoding.

> Furthermore, the Document_info dialog does not allow me any modification.

Right. This dialog just allows you to see how Amaya has interpreted
the document.

> If I manyally change the charset with us-ascii in the source, and open
> it again, the Document_info dialog still reports iso-8859-1.
> And if I save the document from the wysiwyg view, the charset is
> overwritten again with iso-8859-1.

That's a bug. We will investigate.
In the meantime, try Save-as from the formatted view.

> Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
> ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
> HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it MUSIC: http://www.purplesucker.com
> BLOGS: http://tronprog.blogspot.com  http://longlivemusic.blogspot.com
> http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France