Re: Incorrect attributes in tags

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:34:34 -0500
"Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:23:38 -0500, Laurent Carcone <laurent@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > Jeff Hunt <jeff.hunt@stagecoach.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >> I wonder if it is possible to design Amaya to automatically know which
> >> attributes are acceptable (and by inference what are not) in some sort
> >> of general file, before it begins other more specific validation checks.
> >
> > Amaya works with an external file at parsing that indicates which
> > elements/attributes are allowed according to the doctype.
> > There was an error in that file for the attribute 'alt'
>
> Hello Laurent! What is this file? Can I edit it, and test Amaya with new
> attributes that I want to enable (or more restrictive profiles)?

Hello Charles,

In fact, this file is included in Amaya binary, if you want to modify it you need to get the sources of Amaya and make your own binary.
It is called 'HTMLnames.h' and located in the repertory Amaya/amaya. There are some comments within the file and the structure of the table is defined in 'parser.h'. Each line refers to an element/attribute defined in the S schema (HTML.S). If you want to add some new ones, you need first to modify this schema (also the presentation schema HTMLP.P I guess). Hope this help

Thanks,
Laurent

--
  Laurent Carcone