Re: Amaya-9.55-pre3 X Window error!

In article <200706260911.03780.vatton@inrialpes.fr>,
   Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote: in reply to -

> On Monday 25 June 2007 05:39, Keith Hopper wrote:
[snip]

> > Amaya crashed with the following X Window error message -
> >
> > The program 'amaya-bin' received an X Window system error.
> > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> > The error was 'Bad Match (invalid parameter attributes)'
> >   (Details: serial 7400 error code 8 request code 143 minor_code 5)
> >
> > followed by the usual 'delayed reporting' notice. I would have tried the
> > break at gdk_x_error as suggested but gdb said there was no such function -
> > I even allowed for delayed loading - the program just ran to termination
> > with the same error report.

> This problem concerns gtk and not amaya and is specific to these platforms.
> The solution is to launch amaya with the script "amaya" or to set the
> environment variable before launching amaya_bin

> env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1

     I really regret to say this, but, having followed exactly your
instruction I receive the same error message (different serial of course) -
XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS -is- set to 1!!!
     I even tried with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for compilation explicitly set
to the lib64 versions - with no difference! Nothing else which I have
compiled/used produces any X11/gtk errors so far as I can tell - so I
wonder??

          Regards,

                    Keith

--