[Fwd: Amaya as wysiwyg]

Surely AMAYA is supposed to produce clean valid code - There's no way you can do that and "produce screens that are similar on browsers normally encountered on the internet." WYSIWYG is not achievable without hacks or browser specific code and I for one wouldn't want that from AMAYA.
Phil
From: Jeff Hunt <jeff.hunt@nzbus.co.nz>
Date: 2007/06/12 Tue PM 12:52:52 GMT
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Subject: Amaya as wysiwyg

I hope Amaya is not lowering its standards. It is just beginning to
become a practical editor that naive users can use to generate good
code.
Generally if the code is good Amaya displays it well and I love being
able to paste in raw text and have it instantly formatted.
The world needs a simple, quality editor/creator of valid code. If it is
not Amaya, is there an alternative?