"New XHTML document" dialog suggestion

From: Bartolomé Sintes Marco <bartolomesintes@ono.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:57:46 +0200
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi,

I have found that the "New XHTML document" dialog window is confusing
for non-experienced Windows users. I would suggest the following changes:

1. Remove the Directory text box and the Select button. The selection of
the path and name of the new document can be easily done using the
Browse button.

2. Change the list box into a text box. By mistake, a non-experienced
user can easily delete a document if he/she selects it in the list box.

3. Use "Confirm" instead of "Open" in the button.

I am sending attached a screenshot of the modified dialog window.

Best regards,
Bartolomé Sintes (http://www.mclibre.org)

070508-1.png
(image/png attachment: 070508-1.png)