Re: Displaying Chinese characters: some of them becomes to a block

The font most widely used in Windows CHS version is "宋体"(SongTi),
It's the default font on Windows95 CHS to WindowsXP CHS, it's located at %WINDIR%\Fonts\simsun.ttc.
IE also use "宋体" as the default font to display web pages.

But Windows Vista CHS and IE7 for Vista are using "微软雅黑"(MS_YaHei) as the default font now.
MS_YaHei font will displayed better with ClearType enabled.

In Amaya, I can't find an option to choose the default font to display HTML documents.

The sample word "链接"(links) I mentioned before is also a menu name of Amaya (the 5th menu after File--Edit--XHTML--XML).
The sample word "链接"(links) is displayed ok when it's a menu name,
but the first character of it is displayed as a hollow block/rectangle/gap.

This situation occurs not only when displaying Simplified Chinese, but also when displaying Traditional Chinese.
You can visit Microsoft website to test this issue.
** Notes **
    1. Microsoft website use UTF-8 as the charset encoding of pages.
    2. Amaya may cause a 100% CPU usage and memory usage continuous increasing issue when visiting the following Microsoft website.

// for simplified chinese, visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/china/

// for traditional chinese, visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/hk/chinese/