Amaya 9.53 WinXP possible bug: MathML <mi> or <mo>

From: Bartolomé Sintes Marco <bartolomesintes@ono.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:43:52 +0100
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Hi,

I have been trying to create a simple formula (sum of i from 0 to
infinite) and Amaya creates the following source code:

   <mrow>
     <munderover>
       <mo>&sum;</mo>
       <mn>0</mn>
       <mo>&infin;</mo>
     </munderover>
     <mi>i</mi>
   </mrow>
</math></p>

When you create the formula, it looks OK in Amaya but it looks bad in FF
and IE (with MathPlayer). When the document is reloaded in Amaya, then
it looks bad as in FF and IE.

I have modified the source code changing the <mo>&sum;</mo> into
<mi>&sum;</mi> and then it looks ok in Amaya, FF and IE:

   <mrow>
     <munderover>
       <mi>&sum;</mi>
       <mn>0</mn>
       <mo>&infin;</mo>
     </munderover>
     <mi>i</mi>
   </mrow>
</math></p>

The same problem seems to happen when the formula is lim x-> inf

   <munder>
     <mo>lim</mo>
     <mrow>
       <mi>x</mi>