Re: Amaya RFE: Apply class window

From: Bartolomé Sintes Marco <bartolomesintes@ono.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:14:59 +0100
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org

Hi,

>> In Amaya 9.52 for WinXP, the "Apply class" window shows all the classes
>> defined in the html or css files. It would be nice if Amaya would show
>> only the classes that apply to the selected element (as the Attribute
>> window shows only the attributes that apply to the selected element).
>
> The DTD says what attibute should apply or not to an element.
> There is no restriction on class attribute values.
> You may attach a class value to an element even if it doesn't already generate
> any CSS rule. And if you want you may add CSS rules later.

I understand what you are saying, but myself I would prefer that the
"Apply class" would show only CSS rules already defined in the CSS file.
Perhaps experienced users do not make mistakes, but I have realized that
my pupils are used to asign classes to the wrong elements. That's why I
told them to define the class in the CSS file first and assign the class
to elements later, in order to check each time they assign a class that
everything is OK. If the "Apply class" was limited, I think that my
pupils would make less mistakes.

Best regards,
Bartolomé Sintes (http://www.mclibre.org)