Re: Wish list: "alt f c" for "file close"

I disagree. For the programs I use, Cntl-w closes tabs. It would
be a bad idea if this change was made. Closing tabs is what lots of
users will be doing most frequently, so it's good to keep this as
a short shortcut. Cntl-w originated as close window, but that was
before tabs, and for applications that still don't use tabs.

[Close Window means close ONE window. Exit means close ALL windows.]

I don't disagree with trying to make shortcuts better, closer
to other programs,..., but it has to be done with care.
Also, Amaya has a great way to change shortcuts in an installation.
The explanation can be found in doc/WX/ShortCuts.html or similar.
(Is the documentation also on the Web? I didn't find it from
the Amaya top page at http://www.w3.org/Amaya). The explanation
is a bit cryptic for the average user, it would probably make
sense to add a few examples to make it easier to understand.

There was also a typo:
   These files can be modified to define you own shortcuts.
should be changed to
   These files can be modified to define your own shortcuts.

Regards,     Martin.