Re: Why Amaya don't supports Acid2 test?

On Saturday 21 October 2006 14:20, Nike wrote:
> Why Amaya don't supports Acid2 test
> <http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html> ?

The Amaya CSS rendering is limited and it is an editor.
Amaya displays empty elements to let users select them to insert something
into. That completely changes the rendering of pages like that page. it's
includes a set of empty elements just to generate CSS background.

My Firefox version has also some problems with this set of pages and when I
submit this page to the CSS validator it reports a lot of errors too:

Errors

URI : http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

Line: 22 Context : .picture
Invalid number : border transparent is not a color value : 1em solid
transparent
Line: 44
Parse Error - second two]
Line: 80 Context : .smile div div span
Invalid number : border transparent is not a color value : solid 1em
transparent
Line: 89 Context : .parser-container div
Invalid number : color orange is not a color value : orange
Line: 95 Context : .parser
Property error doesn't exist : }
Line: 98 Context : .parser
Property m rgin doesn't exist : 2em
Line: 98
Parse error - Unrecognized : };
Line: 100 Context : .parser
Invalid number : width only 0 can be a length. You must put an unit after your
number : 200
Line: 101 Context : .parser
Parse Error - ! error;
Line: 101 Context : .parser
Parse error - Unrecognized : }
Line: 102 Context : .parser
Invalid number : background Too many values or values are not recognized : red
pink

Warnings