Re: [WinXP] shortcut spec not respected

Unfortunately this methodology harps back to the 'we control'
days of older browsers. Present thinking is to give the user
more control over his browser's actions within limits of reason.

Can you please add to the Amaya 'Wish List' to be acted on as
priorities are assigned...
1] that in the Windows environment the Start In variable of the
shortcut be used to set the start of the browse dialog.
2] If this is not programmable then have some other mechanism
similar to how one sets their home page start point.
3] or even more flexible would be a last browsed to memory so
that if one sets up a new development directory, he can browse
to it one time and then further use of browse places him there....
that would be useful on all platforms for those who develop several
sites offline at the same time for later customer delivery....

On Thursday 19 October 2006 14:58, ve3ll@rac.ca wrote:
> In the Desktop shortcut I have set Start In to a specific folder.
>
> Amaya does not use this info when I select Open Document
>  --->  Browse
>
> 1] Is there a reason that this link to desktop icon is not used ??

When the current open document is a local document, the browse starts
from that local directory. It's sometimes interesting, sometimes not.

John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher