Re: [Fwd: Re: Amaya on GNU/Linux problems]

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:46:32 +0200
To: Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com>
Cc: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 23:36, Leon Stringer wrote:
> Irene Vatton wrote:
> > Could you launch amaya with strace to detect what generates the crash?
>
> Attached (hopefully) are:
>
> test1-strace.zip: Built from source with --with-wx --without-dav options
>
> test2-strace.zip: Built from source with --with-wx --with-gl --without-dav
>
> test4-strace.zip: Amaya from the RPM

It seems a GTK.Client crash:
Perhaps you can
a) try to work with a default GTK theme
b) execute "xset fp" to clean up the list of font paths
c) or may check if your environment doesn't need an update.

Looking at this kind of error on the Web, I found some messages as:
1)
"today, I updated Gnome 2.10 to 2.12. Now, the plucker-desktop don't work. I
get the following errormessages:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  serial 343 error_code 8 request_code 144 minor_code 3"
2)
"Many Linux systems use a single X visual and colormap for all windows by
default; IRIX doesn't. As a result there are a variety of bugs lurking in the
source code where programmers have, for example, allocated colors in the
wrong colormap or assumed that all windows have the same depth. Try making
your default X server visual 24-bit TrueColor by adding "-depth 24 -class
TrueColor" to /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers. (Run xdpyinfo first to make sure
your server supports this visual, and be sure to restart the X server after
making a change. Logging out may not be enough!"

--
     Irène.
-----