Re: [Fwd: Re: Amaya on GNU/Linux problems]

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 23:22, Leon Stringer wrote:
> These tests show the results for Amaya on Fedora Core 6 test versions.
> Tests 1 to 3 are built from source using the source tarball
> (amaya-fullsrc-9.52.tgz) with the Amaya directory replaced by that from
> CVS checked out today (2006-10-10).
>
> In tests 1 to 3 the Amaya window is briefly shown before the crash. In
> test 4 it is not.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't received any feedback regarding this so
> although I assume that this is the current state for all FC6 systems I
> can't be certain it isn't a system-specific problem.
>
> Please let me know if you require any other information about the
> environment (library versions etc.) or want me to try any other tests.
>
> Regards,
>
> Leon...
> ---

TEST 1 (--with-wx --without-dav) and TEST 3 (--with-wx --with-mesa
--without-dav) are equivalent.
Could you launch amaya with strace to detect what generates the crash?

$ cd Amaya
$ mkdir WX
$ cd WX
$ ../configure --with-wx --with-gl --without-dav
Normally, you don't need to do that
$ cd wxWidgets_RELEASE/
$ make
$ cd ..