Re: Is Amaya Support UNICODE?

On Friday 21 July 2006 13:52, duytrung david wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know how to contact to Amaya team so I send
> this message to you. Hoping you will help me if you
> can.
>
> Amaya, a free tool for editing html and also a
> webbrowser. I ve download it to use and did find this
> is a very useful tool.

Perhaps you have to re

> But it seems does NOT support
> Unicode, or I don't know how to use but I try finding
> "encoding" in those menus Amaya standard menu, but I
> can not find. This make editing html in other
> languages except those are support by Amaya is VERY
> DIFFICULT because the language is not display
> properly.

What do you mean by "Unicode support"?
Amaya is able to read and write Unicode characters. The "encoding" of loaded
documents is provided by the http server or defined by a xml or meta
declarations.
When you create a new document, it's created with the default encoding which
can be changed in Preferences Publishing and Vietnamese characters are coded
as entities with US-ASCII or iso-8859-1 encoding.

If new inserted characters are not correctly displayed, it could be due to
1) the input method (it dipends on the platform Windows/Mac/Unix)
2) fonts (we never tested Vietnamese characters)

Could you point me to an URL that shows this problem?