>>From: duytrung david <duytrungdavid@yahoo.com>
>>To: site-policy@w3.org
>>Subject: Is Amaya Support UNICODE?
>>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I don't know how to contact to Amaya team so I send
>>this message to you. Hoping you will help me if you
>>can.
>>
>>Amaya, a free tool for editing html and also a
>>webbrowser. I ve download it to use and did find this
>>is a very useful tool. But it seems does NOT support
>>Unicode, or I don't know how to use but I try finding
>>"encoding" in those menus Amaya standard menu, but I
>>can not find. This make editing html in other
>>languages except those are support by Amaya is VERY
>>DIFFICULT because the language is not display
>>properly.
>>
>>This include Vietnamese.
>>
>>So, what can I do now?

Hello David,

The Unicode support is indeed not yet finished, as noted in the FAQ
II-16 [1]. The display of some Unicode characters depends on the fonts
available on your computer.
The WX versions of Amaya use only TrueType fonts. The FAQ (II-7)
explains how to add a font in the corresponding configuration file for
Windows and Linux. There is also and interesting contribution for Mac OS
X [2].
The item 'File > Document Information' shows you the encoding (charset)
of the current document.
The item 'File > Force a Character Coding' allows you to read the
document with a different encoding.

Much progress have been made in the Unicode support in Amaya but there
are still some problems (especially to input unicode characters). We try
to make progress in each release but we have limited resources.
Do you know a free True Type fonts that displays Vietnamese characters,
we could try to include it in the next releases ?

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

[1] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/FAQ.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/2005OctDec/0101.html

PS: There will be a limited support of the Amaya team in that mailing
list during the next three weeks. Thanks