Re: Feature request: ask "Operation will be redirected. Continue?" only once

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:45:11 +0200
"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

> > There is option in Preferences to avoid this, as explained in Help >
> > Configuring Amaya then Menu Preferences and Publishing Preferences:
> >
> > "
> > Allow automatic PUT redirections on these domains
> >
> > According to the HTTP/1.1 specification, PUT operations should not be
> > automatically redirected unless it can be confirmed by the user, because
> > this might change the conditions under which the request was issued. You
> > can avoid having Amaya prompt with a PUT redirection warning by entering
> > the name of the server's domain to which you are publishing. You may
> > specify one or more domains, each separated with a space, e.g.,
> > www.w3.org groucho.marx.edu.
> > "
>
> I don't mind about being asked. What I do mind is being asked repeatedly
> for the same redirection. I've already given the answer to the question,
> why is Amaya asking me again?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steven

Hello Steven,

Looking at the code, Amaya allows you to enter the name of the domains that accept an automatic PUT redirection (the Preference above), but doesn't memorize that a user has already confirmed such a redirection for a certain domain. I guess there was a reason for that.
I'll ask if it can be modified.

Thanks,

--
  Laurent Carcone