Re: Binary won't start gives gdk )not gtk) error

Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name> writes:

> [0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/2006JanMar/0229.html

Oddly enough I did read your message about the patch for the raptor
problem and thought to myself ... ahh ok, there is a fix for that one.
Thanks... I haven't applied but as you know that isn't the show stopper.

>>   bin/amaya
>>   Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>>   serial 103 error_code 8 request_code 56 minor_code 0

> I've seen this bug, too. It happens on some machines, not on some other,
> and I have no idea what is wrong.

I've since posted full strace output... but I have no idea how to
interpret it.

>> I did try one of the tests suggested if binary won't start:
>>
>>   ldd bin/amaya  Didn't show any errors but I wasn't sure if I was
>>   supposed to be able to recognize all the required libs or if it
>>   would give some kind of error if something was missing.
>
> It's definitely not a linking problem. If it was that problem, you would
> get a message about unresolved symbols.

Good to know thanks for that too.  Might be an idea to put a word
about that on the config page ... I had no idea what to expect, or if
I should be able to just recognize all needed libraries.  Knowing
some kind of error output is expected if there is something wrong will
allow other numbskulls like me to know the check was good.

>> I didn't have strace installed so while I'm installing it I thought
>> maybe someone would just recognize the problem...

> It has been reported several time, but I have no idea what is wrong so
> far (please note that I am not an Amaya developper but only the new
> maintainer for Debian).

Thanks for you reply... I learned a fair bit from it even though it
doesn't solve the main error.