Re: Amaya doesn't work for ordinary users

On 24-04-2006 19:23, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

>>> Is there a special character in your $user_name?
>>
>> Not only there isn't (it's just "JC"), as I have no problem in another
>> machine in which there is a special character.
>
> If you open a Command Prompt and type:
>
> echo %USERNAME%
> echo %USERPROFILE%
>
> What output do you get?

I get

    jcsantos

and

    C:\Documents and Settings\JC

respectively.

>>> You have to set the system environment variable AMAYA_USER_HOME for
>>> that.
>>
>> I opened a DOS windows and I did
>>
>> set AMAYA_USER_HOME = "C:\Documents and Settings\JC\"
>>
>> It didn't work.
>
> Do not leave spaces around the variable name and the value, and don't
> use quotes:
>
> set AMAYA_USER_HOME=C:\Documents and Settings\JC\Amaya

Done.

> Note you should set a dedicated directory and not just your user profile
> directory as files and directories specific to the Amaya profile may
> interfere with other system account profile files/directories - you
> should make sure you have created the end directory first, too.

I created a directory called Amaya and I still have the same problem.

I just noticed an interesting thing. The machine on which I have this
problem is connected to a local network. I have an account on the
machine and another one on the network. It turns out that I have
problems with Amaya only when I use the machine as an user of that
machine, but not when I use it through the local network. I hope that
this helps.

Best regards and thanks for trying to help,

Jose Carlos Santos