Re: lists - very strange - addendum

Stephane,

Thanks for your suggestion. This sounds promising. I'm a little unclear
what to do, however. Irene asked me:

"Could you check if the directory c:\documents and settings\$USER\amaya was
created?
And if it includes a list_url_utf8.dat file?"

This "c:\documents and settings\$USER\amaya" - what is that "$USER"
string? I'm guessing that "$USER" should be replaced by the name of a user
account, so ... looking in my basic user account which I use for virtually
all things, except my Administrator tasks - account "TC", I DO see a
"C:\Documents and Settings\TC\amaya" subdir.

Looking in that subdir, I do see a list_url.dat file, but NOT a
"list_url_utf8.dat" file.

I could create this file, certainly - but what should it contain?

OK - at this point, I just created the file, empty, and tried to initiate
Amaya 9.3. IT RAN! Wow.

Obvious suggestion: if the program cannot find this file, create it on the
fly.

Stephane, thank you!

-- Tom

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:36:19 -0800, Stéphane Gully
<stephane.gully@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Could you check if the directory c:\documents and settings\$USER\amaya
>> > was
>> > created?
>>
>> I have just reinstalled 9.3, watched it die an early death, again, and
>> went looking for that directory - exactly as you gave it to me - no,
>> it's
>> not there, even when I turn on "display protected systems files" flag.
> Due to a bug in 9.3 release, this directory is not automatically
> created by Amaya.
> Could you try to create it by hands ? It solved the problem for me.
>
> regards,
> --
> Stéphane GULLY (http://www.zeitoun.net)

Tom Cloyd, MS MA, LMHC
Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< TC.BestMindHealth.com / BestMindHealth.com >>
<< tomcloyd@bestmindhealth.com >>