Re: Line break: the BR element.

At 2005-12-05 11:06, Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:

>On Sunday 04 December 2005 22:40, Pascal wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I use Amaya 9.2.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.3.
> >
> > When I insert a line break with the menu "XHTML", the string <br />
> > is inserted the source HTML.
> >
> > Shouldn't be the string <br> ?
>
>In XHTML documents it must be <br /> which means that <br> is an empty
>element.

Actually, XHTML does not require the space before the termination
character. This is done to accomodate certain (older) browsers which
otherwise would have had a problem with the syntax.

"<br/>" works with the current versions of Amaya,
Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape, Internet Explorer and Opera.

Lars Bruzelius

SYSteam Udac AB
Box 174,
SE-751 04  Uppsala,