Re: bug: second view cannot be removed

Am Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2005 15:47 schrieb Laurent Carcone:
> Hello,
> You can show/hide the second view by a double-click on the red line at the
> bottom and at the right side of the window.

Well, this is really not self-explanatory.  In fact, during my attempts to
hide the second view I tried to hide it via a click on the red line.  But I
think that one cannot expect that a user tries to double click on a strange
red line when even single-clicking has no visable effect.  In addition, I
cannot remember any GUI where double-clicks on such lines were used to hide a
view, so this seems to be non-standard.

> You can also show/hide the second view by selecting the item 'Split view
> horizontally' (or vertically) from the Views menu.

I discovered this meanwhile.  But if the menu item says that it's about
splitting, selecting it should only do splitting and not hiding.

The current behavior regarding hiding of the second view forces the user to
make strange guesses in order to find out how he can achieve what he wants.
In my opinion, this is a really bad thing which should be changed.

> Thanks,
> Laurent Carcone

Thanks for your work on Amaya.

Best wishes,